Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting crafty

I broke out the sewing machine a few days ago and I have been going at it! Now that I am able to put things in his room I am feeling so motivated to create create create. I prettied up some burp cloths and made a changing pad cover...and it fit! I am so proud of myself. It has been a while since I sewed. Before I moved back up north I'm not sure my sewing machine saw any use other than a hem here and there. I am just so much more motivated to be creative when I live here and being pregnant provides even more motivation. I can't wait to put the crib together and start working on the bedding. Still need to find fabric for the quilt though. I really wish finding affordable organic fabric wasn't so difficult. Future projects: Quilt, bedskirt, sheets for crib and pack n play, more burp cloths, and changing pad cover and maybe curtains? I also need to make some wall decorations.... Staying busy!

Check out this link for a great tutorial on making the changing pad cover. Works like a charm.

http://www.prudentbaby.com/2009/12/diy-changing-pad-cover-tutorial.html

No comments: